Sunday 3 April 2011

Dispensing With Formalities

Greetings, Internets.  Allow me to introduce myself.   I'm DonRocko - Don_Rocko on 'The Twitters' (tm) - but my friends call me Curtis.  I am a 30-something geek from Vancouver, British Columbia.  Like most people who would identify as 'geeks', I have certain... passions:  Writing being one.  Also zombies.  Video games.  Comic books.  Movies.  Television.  Oh, and cheese.  Specifically gouda (delicious!).

Like all great blogs (or so I assume, anyway), this one was started mainly to stop my wife's incessant nagging - "Why don't you have a blog?  You enjoy reviewing things and you have all these opinions - why don't you put them out there?" 
The correct answer *should* have been, "Because of the age-old adage - opinions are like assholes, etc. etc...." and I would have left it at that.
 But, frankly, my wife is much smarter than I am - and using some combination of voodoo and mind control serum, before I even realized what had happened, she convinced me to navigate to blogspot.  And the rest, as they say, is history.
The simple truth of the matter, though, is that I have these passions, and I really, *really* enjoy sharing these passions with people.  So in that regard, this makes perfect sense.
What you *won't* see is an open diary of my life - trust me, *nobody* would want to read that (This morning I woke up, had some cereal, then laid around in sweatpants watching baseball and eating Fritos - see what I mean?)
I plan on reviewing movies, video games, television series, comic books - basically whatever strikes my fancy on a given night.  So, without further adieu... cry havoc!  And let slip the dogs of war!

1 comment:

  1. I disagree.
    Tomatoes are awesome. You can't make pizza without them, even if you use gouda.
    Shakespeare is OK in moderation.

    ReplyDelete